"Sports is a metaphor for overcoming obstacles and achieving against great odds. Athletes, in times of difficulty, can be important role models."
Bill Bradley - American Hall of Fame basketball player and U.S. Senator
Legal Expert in the Area of Sports
In years 1999-2000 and 2001-2005 I studied at Law and Administration Department at Nicolas Copernicus University in Toruń, Poland, where in 2005 I completed Master of Laws degree with overall grade ‘A’. In years 2000-2001 I studied at Loyola University Chicago and was named to the College of Arts and Sciences’ Dean’s List.
In 2013 I successfully completed the Summer Programme on International Sports Law: The expanding area of sports law organised by the Asser Institute International Sports Law Centre, in Hague, Netherlands. In 2014 I successfully completed the online course: Representing the Professional Athlete organised by Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, USA. In 2017 I graduated from Instituto Superior de Derecho y Economia (ISDE) in Madrid, Spain, where I completed the Global Executive Master in International Sports Law.
Currently, I am in the process of finalising the doctoral thesis in sports law at Law and Administration Department of Nicolas Copernicus University in Toruń, Poland.
Since 2014 I have been a sports law advisor in Radke’s family law firm in Włocławek, Poland. In my legal practice I do focus on representing athletes and coaches. Also I advise to sport clubs and sport organisations. I draft and negotiate sport contracts, represent sport clients in mediation and arbitration.
Since 2014 I have been a legal counsel for Limelight Hoops basketball agency in Berlin, Germany. I advise the agency and its clients in contract negotiations with basketball clubs, in case of disputes also in mediations and arbitration proceedings.
Since 2015 I have been a pro bono member of Sport Council in Włocławek, Poland – the sport advisory body of the President of Włocławek.
Since 2005 I have been a member of International Association of Sports Law in Athens, Greece, since 2012 of a Sport & European Union association and since 2013 of Polish Association of Sports Law in Poznań, Poland.
In years 2014-2017 I have been a guest lecturer in sports law at postgraduate “Sport Management” studies organised jointly by CIES, FIFA, Stadion Narodowy PL.2012+ and Koźmiński University in Warsaw, Poland.
I authored and coauthored law articles and gave the media interviews regarding the legal aspects of sport. I attened and spoke at sports law conferences and seminars in Poland and abroad.
Analyst of NBA, Euroleague and FIBA Champions League Basketball
Since 2007 I have been working as a basketball analyst for NC+ television in Poland. As a color commentator I analysed over 500 NBA, Euroleague and FIBA Champions League basketball games for Canal+Sport and NSport+ sport channels. I was a guest of TV shows during NBA All-Star Weekend. I commentated NBA Finals live from USA in years 2010-2015 and NBA All Star Weekend in 2016 and 2017. In 2011 I presented the legal analysis of NBA Lockout for Canal+Sport viewers. Moreover multiple times I was giving the interviews for other sports media in Poland regarding the game of basketball and its legal and business aspects.
- Sport Transfer Market as an Object of Interest of Organised Crime - Outline of the Problem in M. Leciak (ed.) SPORT AND ORGANIED CRIME (Warsaw 2018)
- Coauthor of M. Leciak (ed.) SPORTS LAW (Warsaw 2018)
- Coauthor of M. Leciak (ed.) LEXICON OF SPORTS LAW (Warsaw 2017)
- Strict liability as an universal principle of disciplinary proceedings in sport in M. Leciak (ed.) DISCIPLINARY PROCEEDINGS IN SPORT – IN QUEST FOR AN IDEAL MODEL (Torun 2016)
- Law of International Sport Organizations and Law of the State in D. BUNIKOWSKI, K. DOBRZENIECKI (eds.), LEGAL PLURALISM – TRADITIONS, TRANSFORMATIONS, CHALLENGES (Torun 2009)
Law Review Articles
- Players' Rights to Compete , article concerning the ISU case at RZECZPOSPOLITA (9 February 2018)
- Arbitration – a lesson for sport , article concerning the famous Pechstein Case at RZECZPOSPOLITA (16 June 2016)
- Pacta Sunt Servanda in Basketball , article concerning Basketball Arbitral Tribunal at RZECZPOSPOLITA (29 December 2015)
- Verdict that Shook the World of Sport , article concerning the famous Pechstein Case at RZECZPOSPOLITA (11 February 2015)
- The Interaction of Criminal and Disciplinary Law in Doping-Related Cases , INTERNATIONAL SPORTS LAW JOURNAL 1-2 (2014) (with Salomeja Zaksaite)
- NBA Lockout – Legal Aspects of Professional Sports in USA , SPORT WYCZYNOWY 1 (2012)
- Fighting Sport Corruption – Polish Experience of a Global Dilemma , INTERNATIONAL SPORTS LAW JOURNAL 3-4 (2008)
- Sport and Law – What Scope of Regulations? , SPORT WYCZYNOWY 7-9 (2007)
Sports Law Conferences and Seminars
- Basketball Arbitral Tribunal (BAT) as a “Lawmaker”: The Creation of Global Standards of Basketball Contracts through Consistent Arbitral Decision Making at ISLJ ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL SPORTS LAW CONFERENCE held at Asser International Sports Law Centre, The Hague, Netherlands (25-26 October 2018)
- Anti-Doping System: Between Public and Private Realm. Example of Poland at 13th ANNUAL SPORT & EUR CONFERENCE held at Centre for Sports Law Research, Edge Hill University, England (3-4 July 2018)
- Sport Arbitration Ex Aequo et Bono. Example of Basketball at ANNUAL SPORTS LAW COFERENCE held at Department of Law and Administration of University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland, (12-13 April 2018)
- Legal Aspects of Fantasy Sports - How they do it in America? LEGAL ASPECTS OF E-SPORT Conference held at Department of Law and Administration of Nicolas Copernicus University, Toruń, Poland (24 January 2018)
- Important Problems of Sports Law in the Context of Medical Conditions of Athlete's Career , SPORT PSYCHIATRY Conference held in Lodz, Poland (24 February 2018)
- Forced Arbitration in Sports in the light of Pechstein Case at 4th ANNUAL SPORTS LAW COFERENCE held at Department of Law and Administration of University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland, (6-7 April 2017)
- Sport Transfer Market and Organised Crime at SPORT AND ORGANISED CRIME CONFERENCE held at Department of Law and Administration of Nicolas Copernicus University, Toruń, Poland (16-17 March 2017)
- Pechstein Case – Lessons for Sports Law Justice in Poland at 5th ANNUAL SPORTS LAW CONFERENCE held at Department of Law and Administration of University of Gdańsk, Gdańsk, Poland (22 April 2016)
- Basketball Arbitral Tribunal (BAT) – pacta sunt servanda in the world of basketball at 3rd ANNUAL SPORTS LAW COFERENCE held at Department of Law and Administration of University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland, (7-8 April 2016)
- American and European Model of Sport – continuing divergence or gradual convergence? at NICOLAS COPERNIUS UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT OF LAW AND ADMINISTRATION SPORTS LAW SOCIETY SEMINAR held at Department of Law and Administration of Nicolas Copernicus University, Toruń, Poland (21 January 2015)
- Strict liability as an universal principle of disciplinary proceedings in sport at 4th ANUUAL SPORTS LAW CONFERENCE held at Department of Law and Administration of University of Gdańsk, Gdańsk, Poland (24 April 2015)
- Strict liability as an universal principle of disciplinary proceedings in sport at SPORTS LAW CONFERENCE: DISCIPLINARY PROCEEDINGS IN SPORT – IN QUEST FOR AN IDEAL MODEL held at Department of Law and Administration of Nicolas Copernicus University, Toruń, Poland (16 April 2015)
- Legal Aspects of Playing Professional Basketball in Europe at IU MAURER SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT SOCIETY SEMINAR held at Indiana University Maurer School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana, USA (6 April 2015)
- Basic Differences in Legal Regulation of Sport on the Both Sides of Atlantic Ocean at SPORTS LAW SEMINAR held at Department of Law and Administration of University of Łódź, Łódź, Poland (19 May 2014)
- Criminalization of Sport Abuses – Selected Problems of Using Criminal Law Means in the Area of Sport at 2nd ANUUAL SPORTS LAW CONFERENCE held at Department of Law and Administration of University of Gdańsk, Gdańsk, Poland (19 April 2013)
- Polish System of Fighting Doping in Sports; Dispute Resolution System in Polish Sport; Contracts in Professional Sports – Different Perspectives (discussion panels) at POLISH CONGRESS OF SPORTS LAW AND PUBLIC EVENTS organized by Allerhand Institute, Warsaw, Poland (22 November 2012)
- Fighting Doping in Sports in the Light of Polish Sports Statue at SPORTS LAW FORUM Conference organized by Polish Olympic Committee, Warsaw, Poland (16 October 2010)
- Sports Fans and Athletes – between Olympia and Colosseum at SPORT’S FAN: INTRUDER OR AN IMPORTANT ELEMENT OF SPORT’S EVENT Conference held at University of Humanities and Economics, Włocławek, Poland (22 June 2007)
Selected Media Appearances
- Let's Not Humiliate Semenya , interview for ONET.PL (8 May 2018)
- About the Necessity of Protection of Athletes' Rights , interview for PRAWO-SPORTOWE.PL (26 November 2017)
- If Semenya is Not a Woman, Whom is She? , interview for ONET.PL (16 September 2016)
- American Dream in European Court , interview for GAZETA WYBORCZA (19 April 2016)
- Good Governance - Key for Polish Basketball , interview for PRZEGLAD SPORTOWY (8 July 2014)
- Symptoms of Americanization of European Sports , interview for SPORTOWEFAKTY.PL (9 September 2013)
- The One and Only...Advocate , article concerning my person at ECHO DNIA (8 February 2013)
- Lawyer on the Basketball Floor , article concerning my person at DZIENNIK-GAZETA PRAWNA (30 January 2013)
- Reneissance Basketball Player , article concerning my person at PRZEGLAD SPORTOWY (21 December 2012)
- What is NBA Lockout about? – part 2, interview for GAZETA.TV (18 November 2011)
- What is NBA Lockout about? – part 1, interview for GAZETA.TV (30 September 2011)
- NBA Lockout – Sport League in the Courtroom? , interview for SPORT.PL (1 September 2011)
- Sports Scholar under the Basket , article concerning my person at ZYCIE WARSZAWY (31 October 2007)